Join a museum educator for a guided, interactive museum tour introducing participants to American icon Jackie Robinson through rare artifacts, dynamic interactive media, and rich historical content. Through the tour and small-group scavenger hunt activity, participants will learn about Jackie Robinson as an athlete, activist, family man, and more. Wrap up with an optional “add-on” art activity.
Now booking through Spring 2024!
How to Book
Select “Book Now” to choose the date and time for your program. Add the booking fee of $25.00 to your “cart,” tell us about your group in a brief form, and complete the transaction to confirm your reservation.
This program is designed for up to two classes, or 50 students + 10 chaperones, at a time. We recommend a ratio of at least one (1) adult per seven (7) youth.
One at a Time
Each program must be booked individually (i.e. one person cannot book for multiple groups in the same transaction).
Field trip time slots are made available on a rolling basis. If the dates you are interested in are not yet open, check back again and join our mailing list for alerts. If your preferred dates are already taken, consider booking a self-guided visit instead.
- Title I schools: $100.00 per group for up to 35 participants; $200 for up to 60 participants (including students and chaperones)
- All other schools (and non-school organizations): $200.00 per group for up to 35 participants; $300 for up to 60 participants (including students and chaperones)
- Additional participants: A small number of additional participants (i.e. 1-2 additional children or chaperones) may be allowed and will be charged $7 per person.
- Booking fee: A $25 deposit is required by credit card to book your program online.
Two confirmation emails
Upon booking, you’ll receive an initial confirmation showing a $0 balance. You will receive a second confirmation email showing the updated outstanding balance based on your school’s Title 1 status. Invoices can be provided upon request.
The remaining balance is due by the date of your visit (in advance or when you arrive). We accept cash, credit card, NYC DOE Purchase Orders, and school-issued checks (no personal checks).
- Checks must be made payable to JACKIE ROBINSON FOUNDATION (not Museum) and include your order number (found in your confirmation email). Checks can be mailed to: Jackie Robinson Museum Education Dept. 75 Varick Street, 2nd floor, New York, NY 10013.
- Purchase orders must be emailed to [email protected] in advance of your program and include your program date, order number, and an anticipated roster of participants. Our DOE vendor number is JAC896345.
Find recommended pre-visit classroom resources and museum policies for your review in your confirmation email and on the Educator Resources page.
If you need to reschedule or cancel your reservation, contact Education Coordinator Sydney Augustine at [email protected] or 646-989-2778.
To reschedule, include a detailed explanation of your scheduling needs in your message.
If you cancel within one week of your visit, the booking fee will not be refunded.
If you do not show up for a scheduled field trip without notifying the Museum of cancellation, you will be responsible for paying the full program fee.
Get the latest updates on offerings from the Museum Education Department when you join our mailing list.