Explore Jackie Robinson’s core leadership traits and how he used them on and off the baseball field in this interactive, Museum Educator-led program. Learn about Robinson’s experiences as a child in Pasadena, a college athlete and military man, the first African American in modern Major League Baseball, and an activist—to explore how he was a pioneer in the fight for equal civil rights. Get inspired and set a goal for how you will speak out as changemakers today.
With its focus on exploring Jackie Robinson’s actions in the context of US history and empowering students as leaders today, the program complements curricula in History & Social Studies, ELA, and Social Emotional Learning.
Now booking for Fall 2023!
How to Book
Select “Book Now” to choose the date and time for your program. Add the booking fee of $25.00 to your “cart,” tell us about your group in a brief form, and complete the transaction to confirm your reservation.
Field trips are designed for one class, or up to 30 students + 5 chaperones, at a time. We recommend a ratio of at least one (1) adult per seven (7) youth. We may be able to accommodate two classes at a time during some time slots. To inquire, email Sydney Augustine at [email protected].
One at a Time
Each program must be booked individually (i.e. one person cannot book for multiple groups in the same transaction).
Field trip time slots are made available on a rolling basis. If the dates you are interested in are not yet open, check back again and join our mailing list for alerts. If your preferred dates are already taken, consider booking a self-guided visit instead.
- Title I schools: $100.00 per group (up to 35 participants)
- All other schools: $200.00 per group (up to 35 participants)
- Additional participants: A small number of additional participants (i.e. 1-2 additional children or chaperones) may be allowed and will be charged $7 per person.
- Booking fee – A $25 deposit is required to book your program online.
Two confirmation emails
Upon booking, you’ll receive an initial confirmation showing a $0 balance. You will receive a second confirmation email showing the updated outstanding balance based on your school’s Title 1 status. Invoices can be provided upon request.
The remaining balance is due by the date of your visit (in advance or when you arrive). We accept cash, credit card, NYC DOE Purchase Orders, and school-issued checks (no personal checks).
- Checks must be made payable to JACKIE ROBINSON FOUNDATION (not Museum) and include your order number (found in your confirmation email). Checks can be mailed to: Jackie Robinson Museum Education Dept. 75 Varick Street, 2nd floor, New York, NY 10013.
- Purchase orders must be emailed to [email protected] in advance of your program and include your program date, order number, and an anticipated roster of participants. Our DOE vendor number is JAC896345.
Find recommended pre-visit classroom resources and museum policies for your review in your confirmation email and on the Educator Resources page.
Teaching Civics for All? Review suggested pre- and post- visit lessons to connect the field trip to your curriculum.
If you need to reschedule or cancel your reservation, contact Education Coordinator Sydney Augustine as soon as possible at [email protected] or 646-989-2778.
To reschedule, include a detailed explanation of your scheduling needs in your message.
If you cancel within one week of your visit, the booking fee will not be refunded.
Get the latest updates on offerings from the Museum Education Department when you join our mailing list.